COVID-19 Meal Program Update:
Through the COVID-19 pandemic, we've modified our operations to continue to keep families safe while keeping them close. Our volunteer meal program has been temporarily paused for health and safety. Currently, our staff is preparing family meals in-House and packaging them in individual portions for safety. Occasionally, thanks to our donors, our staff has the opportunity to order carry-out from local restaurants.
Here are the best ways you can help the House feed families today:
- Monetary donations - help the House purchase groceries, supplies, pantry basics and fresh food that are normally provided by our volunteer dinner groups.
- Donations from our Amazon Wishlist - order directly from Amazon and have items delivered to the House to keep our kitchen/pantry stocked and help us pack sancks for our families' daily hospital bags. Be sure to select "Ronald McDonald House of Mid-Michigan" as your charity of choice by logging into smile.amazon.com with your normal Amazon account information and Amazon will donate a percentage of your order total to the House! Same Amazon, same products - a cost-free way to give on all of your Amazon purchases.
- Donations from our regular House wishlist- when you're grocery shopping for your family, consider picking up a few extra items from this list and drop them off at the House to keep our kitchen/pantry stocked and help us pack sancks for our families' daily hospital bags.
- Local restaurant gift cards - support local restaurants in our community by purchasing gift cards and donating them to help the House provide carry-out meals.
- Gift cards for grocery stores and other retailers - such as Meijer, Kroger, Walmart, Target and Amazon to help our staff continue to provide homemade meals, fresh and healthy foods and other basic supplies while volunteering opportunities are temporarily paused for health and safety.
A warm meal welcomes our families home at our House through our Family Meals from the Heart program. Volunteers who provide meals for our families play an integral part in making our House a home-away-from-home during their children’s treatment and recovery process. Each year, more than 200 meals are prepared to serve more than 1,000 hot meals for guests.
If you’re interested in preparing a meal for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House of Mid-Michigan, locate an open date from the calendar below and then call 517-485-9303 or email email@example.com and together we confirm the date that works for you.