Local Chapter with a Global Mission
The Ronald McDonald House of Mid-Michigan is a home-away-from-home for families who have children receiving medical treatment at local hospitals and clinics. Located on the Michigan Avenue corridor in Downtown Lansing, we are very grateful to be a stepping stone in our families’ journeys. We focus on taking care of the family by providing a warm and welcoming environment and all of the amenities of home so they can focus on what’s most important to them, caring for their child.
Interested in joining our awesome team?!
The Ronald McDonald House of Mid-Michigan is seeking reliable night and weekend managers to relieve the Resident House Manager after hours, on weekends, and occasional holidays by request.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist guests/families with any and all house services
- Check in/check out families
- Answer phones and direct calls
- Welcome and acquaint guests to the House and our services
- Manage and support volunteers with assigned tasks
- Monitor and facilitate house operations
- Basic tidying and keeping common spaces clean
- Execute emergency procedures and troubleshoot maintenance issues when necessary
- Report matters of concern to the Executive Director, Resident House Manager, Community Outreach Coordinator, Guest Services Assistant, or on-call staff member as needed.
Qualifications, Preferred Skills and Requirements
- MUST be vaccinated for COVID-19 as the House serves families with hospitalized pediatric patients
- Masks are required in common spaces throughout the House but not required in your private sleeping room/bathroom or while eating.
- Flexible, dependable, reliable, trustworthy and poised individual
- Organized, prioritization and attention to detail
- MUST maintain and work with confidential information
- MUST have ability to work with families in crisis
- MUST work with wide range of people and personalities
- MUST have ability to maintain supportive and cheerful attitude
- MUST have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-initiate and work independently
- Multi-tasking team player
- Experience in social science, hospitality and volunteer organizations is a PLUS
Weekend Manager Shifts: Friday 5:00 p.m. through Sunday 5:00 p.m.
Night Manager (as needed): single or multiple overnight shifts Sunday - Thursday 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m.
Overnight shifts are permitted to sleep or do recreational activities between 5 p.m. and 8 a.m. but must remain on the premises for guest emergencies until the end of the shift.
ALCOHOL, MARIJUANA (including vape pens) & ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES ARE NOT PERMITTED ON PREMISES
- When not serving guests/visitors or doing assigned duties, personal activities such as hobbies, watching tv, studying etc are permitted
- Quiet/private study space
- Free meals
- Weekend Managers have own private room and full bathroom
- Free laundry on-site
- TV (Private and community)
- Free wi-fi
- Volunteer position with a paid stipend of $250 per weekend shift (minimum one weekend per month) and $125 per weekday overnight coverage (offered first come, first served as needed)
Please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include Night/Weekend Manager Position in subject line.