Local Chapter with a Global Mission
The Ronald McDonald House of Mid-Michigan is a home-away-from-home for families who have children receiving medical treatment at local hospitals and clinics. Located on the Michigan Avenue corridor in Downtown Lansing, we are very grateful to be a stepping stone in our families’ journeys. We focus on taking care of the family by providing a warm and welcoming environment and all of the amenities of home so they can focus on what’s most important to them, caring for their child.
Interested in joining our awesome team?! We currently have two opportunities available. Check them out below to learn more!
The Ronald McDonald House of Mid-Michigan is seeking reliable night and weekend managers to relieve the Resident House Manager after hours, on weekends, and occassional holidays by request.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist guests/families with any and all house services
- Check in/check out families
- Answer phones and direct calls
- Welcome and acquaint guests to the House and our services
- Manage and support volunteers with assigned tasks
- Monitor house operations
- Execute emergency procedures and troubleshoot maintenance issues when necessary
- Report matters of concern to the Executive Director, Resident House Manager, Community Outreach Coordinator, Guest Services Assistant, or on call staff member as needed.
Qualifications, Preferred Skills and Requirements
- Flexible, dependable, reliable, trustworthy and poised individual
- Organized, prioritization and attention to detail
- MUST maintain and work with confidential information
- MUST have ability to work with families in crisis
- MUST work with wide range of people and personalities
- MUST have ability to maintain supportive and cheerful attitude
- MUST have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-initiate and work independently
- Multi-tasking team player
- Experience in social science, hospitality and volunteer organizations is a PLUS
Weekend Manager: Friday 5:00 p.m. - Sunday 5:00 p.m.
Night Manager (as needed): Sunday - Thursday 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m.
ALCOHOL, MARIJUANA (including vape pens) & ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES ARE NOT PERMITTED ON PREMISES
- Quiet/private study space
- Free meals
- Weekend Managers have own private room and bath
- Free laundry
- TV (Private and community)
- Free wi-fi
- Stipend will be determined on experience
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include Night/Weekend Manager Position in subject line
Mail - Attn: Ruth Lumbert
121 S. Holmes St.
Lansing, MI 48912
Every event we do, we execute ourselves with the help and dedication from our staff, community members and sponsors. From working with vendors and stuffing race packets for our 5K run to gathering items for our silent auction and raffle for our golf outing, we do it all. With awesome committee members from the community, our events are one of the best days of the year and we want to include you!
What Does an Event Intern Do?
- Work on organizing the event with our Community Outreach Coordinator
- Execute social media strategy for events
- Attend committee meetings
Who’s Going to be a Good Fit?
- A current college student
- Someone who is excellent at multi-tasking
- Someone who is enthusiastic and fabulous, but organized and detail-oriented
- Someone who is independent and accountable, yet enjoys being a part of a great team
$250 stipend per semester and willing to work with student for class credit. Ideal candidate would be available for both fall and spring semesters. Depending on student’s availability, an hourly wage may be considered.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Michelle Weinfeld-Geller to email@example.com with Event Intern as the subject line.