In these unprecedented times, the Ronald McDonald House of Mid-Michigan continues to serve families with ill children in the hospital, while redefining what support looks like to also keep them safe from COVID-19. Our families are among those most vulnerable. We serve the families who must be protected, and we are no strangers to the fear, stress and toll medical uncertainty takes.
We have always prided ourselves on celebrating the strength of our families and our House, rather than dwelling on the challenges they’ve overcome. We’ve seen superheroes triumph and game masters solve the most difficult medical puzzles. We’ve celebrated birthdays, graduations (from the NICU and from high school), gone off to college and welcome hundreds of babies into this world.
For the past 20 years, we have supported families of ill children while celebrating that strength.
But sometimes, being strong means knowing when to ask for help. And now we must ask for help.
To keep our families and our community safe, we must adapt how we function, and change how we serve our families.
The most immediate of these changes is the cancellation of our 20th Run for the House. Though many of you already know we were unable to host our 20th Run for the House on Sunday, March 22, 2020 as planned, we have made the incredibly difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Run rather than postpone it.
We simply don’t know when a large event such as the Run will be safe for our families, and yours. Despite the impact this will have, we know the health and safety of our families is our mission, and we must honor it and honor their strength by supporting them in staying healthy.
And just like medical uncertainty can cause fear and financial strain for our families, it does so for us. The Run for the House is our single largest fundraising event each year.
So we’re asking you to please help us to adapt and evolve how we serve our families -- how we keep them close while keeping them safe, how we deploy new tools and new ways of helping families connect and how we support families unable to come to the House physically because of what’s happening.
Although we are unable to host a 2020 Run for the House due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can still help the House:
- Select “You can keep my registration fee” on our race page’s pop-up screen to provide much needed funds to support families with hospitalized children in our local community this year. If you haven’t already made this selection, you can do so now on our race page here.
- If you previously selected “Stay in race” please contact us through our RunSignUp race page under "Race Contact Info" if you’re willing and able to donate your registration fee. RunSignUp race page here.
- If you previously selected “Get a refund” but would now like to change your decision to “You can keep my registration fee,” please send us a message on our RunSignUp race page under “Race Contact Info” here.
- If you previously selected “Stay in race,” and would now prefer or need a refund, please contact us directly on our race page. Your registration and any additional merchandise purchases will be refunded (less original processing fees). Refund requests must be made by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 1, 2020. While we know this is an overwhelming time and we wish we didn’t have to set a deadline, we are unable to access any of the funds until all refunds are processed. We appreciate your understanding. RunSignUp race page here.
- We understand that these times are tough on everyone. If you have not made a selection yet and would prefer or need a refund, please visit our RunSignUp race page here and select “Get a refund” on the pop-up screen.
- All refund requests will be processed back to your original method of payment. We appreciate your patience as we work to refund each request individually.
- Make an additional donation to support the House during this time at www.rmhmm.org/donate.
- If you have any questions, please reply to this email or send us a message on our RunSignUp race page under “Race Contact Info" here.
These are difficult, uncertain times. But we are strong, and we know our community is strong too. We don’t know what additional changes, adaptations and evolutions will happen in the coming days, weeks and months. We stand ready and willing to do what it takes to continue to support families, to prioritize their health, and to keep the community around us healthy.
Thank you for continuing to help us, and standing strong beside us.
Ronald McDonald House of Mid-Michigan
Since 2001, the Run for the House has raised thousands of dollars to give families of seriously ill children a warm, safe place to stay. The event now attracts more than 1,000 runners each year. The 5K Run/Walk, 10K run and Kids Mile are part of the Playmakers Race Series.
Learn more about the 2020 Run for the House here.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Help make a difference for families of seriously ill children. Your participation in the Run for the House 5K Run/Walk and 10K Run will help the Ronald McDonald House of Mid-Michigan provide a home-away-from-home for those families who have a child being hospitalized or receiving treatment at Lansing-area hospitals and clinics. The House offers a comfortable, inexpensive and private place for families to sleep, eat and relax. Families find a caring atmosphere where they can receive strength and encouragement from others who are also going through difficult times.
Beat the crowds on race day! Join us at Playmakers or MSUFCU Headquarters for early packet pickup!
Race packets will be available for pickup two days before the race on Friday, March 20, 2020 at:
Playmakers (2299 W. Grand River, Okemos) from 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. OR
MSUFCU Headquarters Branch (3777 West Rd., East Lansing) from 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Race packet pick-up will also be available on site at MSU Federal Credit Union on race day, Sunday, March 22, starting at 8:30am.
Along with food provided by McDonald’s and Coca-Cola, race packets will include a long-sleeved performance shirt (if ordered), race number with time chip and more.
For any questions please email email@example.com.
Race Day Registration: 8:30 a.m.
5K Run/Walk: 10 a.m.
10K Run: 10 a.m.
Kids' Mile and Sprint: 9:30 am
Kids' Activities: 8:30 am-12:00 pm
Please note: No dogs allowed on race day.
To view our new course at MSU Federal Credit Union, please click here!
Be sure to join us as we celebrate the 2020 Run for the House at Spartan Hall of Fame Cafe!
All awards will be available after the race in the registration tent and will be available for pickup beginning Monday, March 23 at the Ronald McDonald House from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
The Run for the House will be held rain or shine. In the event of serious weather conditions, the race could be postponed to a later time that same day.
GREATER LANSING AREA RACE SERIES
The Run for the House is excited to kick off the 2020 Greater Lansing Race Series! This year, the Greater Lansing Area Race Series is comprised of 12-13 events from March to September that serve to challenge runners and walkers in our local area to get out and compete throughout the summer to earn awards for the fastest overall, age-graded, and age group athletes. To close out the season, there will be a celebration event in October where the participants will be awarded. There is no need to register for the race series itself. Simply register and participate in any of the race series events and you will be scored automatically! For more information and details, click here to visit the GLARS website.
2020 Registration Form - to come!
You can download the registration form by clicking the link above and going to the bottom of the RunSignUp page.